If you’ve served in the military, we salute you and thank you for your service. Your dedication and hard work deserve to be rewarded!
Many stores offer discounts for military veterans and, often, their family members. Ask about a military discount at checkout if you’re unsure if the store offers one.
Who qualifies for a military discount exactly? Eligibility depends on the store and offer, but the following may typically qualify for military discounts:
- Active duty military
- Retired military
- Military veterans
- Current military National Guard/Reserve
- Military dependents (spouses and children)
Stores that offer discounts often require proof of service or military connection, in the form of a Military ID card or Dependent ID card, for example. Many stores also enable military members and their dependents to sign up and show they qualify online.
This guide explains how to find a military discount on rental cars, smartphone plans, home improvement products, shoes, clothing, and more.
Military discounts at home improvement stores
Home improvement stores often have military discounts available. Check out the following offers.
- Military discount at Home Depot: Active military, veterans, and their spouses qualify for a 10% discount on eligible purchases at stores and online. To enroll, download the Home Depot app and verify the military status on the discount page. Eligible participants can get up to $400 in savings each year.
- Military discount at Lowes: Lowe’s also offers a 10% military discount for active duty, retired, and military veterans and spouses. Annual savings are unlimited!
- Military discount at JOANN Fabric and Craft Stores: JOANN offers current and veteran military members and their dependents a 15% discount on every purchase.
- Military discount at Michaels: Michaels also offers a 15% military discount, limited to one per product, one discount per day. Active duty military, reservist/National Guard, veterans, and registered dependents qualify.
- Military discount at Overstock.com: Active military and veterans qualify for a free 1-year Club O membership, which offers 5% rewards on every purchase, free returns, a price match guarantee, extra rewards, and double rewards for reviews.
- Military discount at Sherwin-Williams: At Sherwin-Williams, active, reservist, and veteran military members and their spouses qualify for 15% off paints, stains, and painting supplies.
- Military discount at Tuft & Needle: Active military and veterans are eligible for 15% off purchases on items like furniture, mattresses, and bedding.
- Military discount at Yankee Candle: All active and retired members of the military, as well as their immediate family members, get access to 10% of all purchases in stores and online.
Military discount on rental cars
Rental cars are another popular category for military discounts. Next time you take a trip and need a ride, check out these deals.
- Military discount at Avis: The Avis Veterans Advantage program provides a 25% discount for military veterans, active-duty military, National Guard and Reservists, and their families who have enrolled.
- Military discount at Budget: Military veterans, active-duty military, National Guard, and Reservists, and their families save up to 25% off car rentals with the Budget Veterans Advantage program.
- Military discount at Enterprise: Active-duty, retired, and veteran military members are eligible for discounted rental car rates. For government leisure travel, members get a 5% discount off base rates, while official government travel offers specific contracted rates for military members.
- Military discount at Hertz: Hertz offers military discounts for both official government car rentals and leisure car rentals. Discount rates vary.
Military discount on phone plans
We spend a lot of time on our phones, especially when we need to keep in touch with loved ones far away. Check out these phone plan discounts for military members.
- Military discount with AT&T: AT&T offers a 25% discount on eligible unlimited wireless plans for veterans, active-duty service members, and military families.
- Military discount with T-Mobile: T-Mobile offers up to 50% off the regular Magenta plan rates for family lines for active-duty military, veterans, and their families.`
- Military discount with Verizon: Verizon offers a military discount of up to $25 off per month on Unlimited plans.
Military discount on clothing
Shopping for clothes or shoes for yourself or your family members? These retailers offer military discounts.
- Military discount with Adidas: Military members can get 30% off online and in-store purchases and 20% off factory outlet purchases.
- Military discount with Bonobos: Active-duty and military veterans can receive a 20% discount for five orders each year.
- Military discount with Champion: Active-duty and military veterans can receive a 10% discount on Champion products.
- Military discount with Foot Locker: Active-duty members, veterans, National Guard members, reservists, and registered dependents are eligible for a 10% discount.
- Military discount with Kohl’s: Every Monday, military service members can get a 15% off coupon to be used in stores.
- Military discount with L.L.Bean: Active, reservist, veteran, and retired military personnel are eligible for a 10% discount.
- Military discount with Lululemon: Active, reservist, veteran, and retired military personnel are eligible for a 15% discount.
- Military discount with Moosejaw: Active-duty, retirees, and veteran military members can receive 20% off full-price purchases.
- Military discount with Nike: Active, reservist, veteran, and retired military, as well as spouses and dependents of active personnel, are eligible for a 10% discount online and in stores.
- Military discount with Reebok: Reebok offers a 50% discount for military members.
- Military discount with Under Armour: Active-duty service members, retirees, veterans, military spouses, and military family members are eligible for a 20% off discount.
Inquire about more military discounts
Your favorite store may offer a military discount for you and your family. All you have to do is ask about your options. You might learn about hidden savings that reward you or your family members for military service.
Want even more savings? Sign up for the free Save mailer to get coupons delivered straight to your home.