Why buy pre-packaged bars when you can make these fruity and delicious treats at home? Soft and chewy with a crisp and crumbly topping, these bars make the perfect grab-and-go breakfast or snack.
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Bake Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes | Servings: 8
- 1 1/2 cups granola cereal without raisins
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup strawberry preserves
- In a large bowl, combine the granola, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside a third of the mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture into a well-greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Spread preserves over crust; sprinkle with reserved granola mixture. Bake 15 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly around the edges. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Store in the regrigerator. Yield: 16 squares.
For more quick and easy recipes, click here.