*Note: Recommended for Windows users only.
Step One: Uninstall old Java versions
- First, close your internet browser (IE, Firefox, etc).
- Click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, select “Add or Remove Programs”. It may also be called “Programs and Features”, or “Uninstall a Program”
- A list will display of all programs you have loaded onto your computer. The list is usually in alphabetical order. Scroll down until you see Java.
- Select Java and remove. You will see a remove button, or you may just need to double click. The computer may ask you to confirm that you want to remove Java. Click Yes.
- It will take a few minutes for Java to be removed. You will see a few pop-up boxes. This is normal.
- When finished, you can close Control Panel windows.
Step Two: Upgrade your Java to the newest version
- Open your internet browser and go to www.java.com
- Download the newest version of Java
- Close and re-open your browser. This is an important step!
- Try to print again.