Skip the Expensive Facial
Invigorate Your Skin with These Free Tips
By Alisa Neely Monday, Oct 1, 2012
“Mirror, Mirror on the wall who’s the fairest of them all?” It isn’t just Snow White’s stepmother who wants a good response. We’d all like to look in the mirror and see beautiful, clear, smooth skin wouldn’t we? RedPlum has five easy inexpensive ways to help you get just that.
- Hydrate. Water isn’t only there to quench your thirst; it also hydrates your skin. Dehydrated skin is dry and dull, while skin getting its eight glasses a day looks fresh and youthful.
- Get Your Heart Rate Up. Exercising not only keeps you looking great in your jeans, it also helps improve your skin by helping you sweat out the toxins and decrease stress levels. Stress is a leading cause of breakouts so anything you can do to help manage it helps you maintain clear skin.
- Hit the Sheets. Not that we need to give you another reason to hop in the sack with your sweetie but we will. Guess what? Sex improves you skin. Yes, it’s true. By increasing the blood circulation it helps pump oxygen to your skin giving it a bright glow.
- Early to Bed, Early to Rise. Not only will you be healthy, wealthy and wise, but your skin will look better too. Your skin repairs itself overnight, so getting about 8 hours of sleep will help to eliminate those dark, puffy circles under your eyes.
- Wash Your Face. No we’re not your mothers, but she was on to something with this one. Keeping your skin clean helps reduce the chance of breakouts and clogged pores. It also helps to slough off the dry, dead skin revealing that beautiful dewy, glow.